Thursday, June 01, 2006

Twenty-two weeks

Today brought an e-mail from the instructor of the fitness class, reporting that one of the classmates gave birth last Saturday. At twenty-three weeks. The baby weighs about a pound and has a brain hemhorrage from which he may or may not recover.

Various people are organizing to drop off food at the parents' house. I'm hoping to make a quiche or lasagna or something tomorrow evening after I get home from work so that we can drop it off on Saturday morning. I don't even remember which woman this is and I still spent a bit of the afternoon alone in the teachers' room sobbing. (Evidently pregnant women are sensitive. 'Cause, you know, I wasn't nearly sensitive enough before.) Jefus Chrift.

Dear our baby: please stay in the oven a while longer. You're not ready to come out yet.

No comments: